Amazon decided to launch Alexa for Business in order to improve efficiency and bring convenience. The devices enabled with Alexa are Echo, Echo Plus, Echo Dot. Amazon's entire business was set around satisfying its customer's personal needs but then it expanded its business in order to be of use to businesses as well. Alexa for business is packed with a number of features that can help manage office environments. It can add shared devices so that it can be used publicly by anyone. It allows easy communication in the office workplace. Alexa now was made for employees as well so that they can have access to the same benefits.
Alexa can help you at your desk
With the help of Alexa, you can be productive throughout the day by focusing on the important tasks. Alexa helps in setting reminders, managing your busy schedules and tracking your what things you have to do in the day. You can also make your phone calls through Alexa including your important conference calls. If you are looking for any information on sales and marketing, just ask Alexa and she will provide the information to you.
Alexa can simplify your conference rooms
With Alexa, you don't have to use remote controls or take the strain of manually dialing for meetings, you can just ask Alexa to start the meeting and it will get started. It can even control the settings for your conference room with just your voice. If conference rooms are smaller, then devices that are enabled with Alexa can act as audio devices or control equipment in a larger conference room.
Alexa adds voice to your products and services
In order for businesses to give their customers a rich, personalized experience, Alexa lets you add voice to your products and services. It helps guests in the hotel feel comfortable, play their favorite music and also order room service. If customers have any queries about your products, Alexa can provide an insight into it and help when they have any problems. It is a way that you can interact with your customers.
Alexa helps you around the workplace
You can build your Alexa skills by custom settings and enable it easily with your voice. Alexa can help with the everyday tasks of finding a meeting room, order new supplies, notify if there is an issue, etc. It can also help with training for people who are on the job.
How does Alexa for Business work?
Amazon created Alexa for business in two categories that is one for personal and one shared. Shared Alexa devices can be placed in the office for everyone to use. They mostly help in conference rooms, reception, etc. You can set up skills on the Alexa device so that it can be used for normal daily tasks as well.
Personal device is mostly made for individual people. It has Alexa accounts which help in completing daily tasks, to-do list and also to set reminders. It helps in sending texts, managing calls, schedule meetings and set up the calendar. Users who are personally using Alexa at their home can integrate their personal account with the office Alexa to use it together.
Skills that you can perform using Alexa
- Email Management - Handling business emails can be tiring which is why Alexa can manage your Gmail or Microsoft Office account by reading out your emails and even replying back to them. Additionally, you can also delete, archive and access quick replies.
- Website Monitoring - Alexa can report on your website's status and if your customers are facing any issues, it can send you a push notification in order to fix the problem.
- Managing Schedules - Alexa can help in coordinating your meetings so that you never miss your appointments. It allows checking in on everyone availability by syncing contacts with Google Calendar.
- Managing Invoices - Alexa can calculate the amount that you will get your invoices. You just have to say Alexa about your invoice and factoring rate.
- Providing Reminders - Alexa can be sued for reminders like for meetings, paying your invoice fees, and many other tasks that you can easily forget due to the busy schedule.
Amazon Alexa for Small Businesses
Alexa is great for small businesses as Amazon is increasing its market share in order to create skills for Alexa. It is created by developers in order to interact with Alexa in a better way by carrying out a wide range of functions. The Skills catalog which was created by Alexa is best to find out the new skills and top skills that best suit your business.
Alexa for business solely depends on your company's needs. If your company is willing to spend money on just reminders, managing conference calls, ordering supplies. The subscription is fairly reasonable but it solely depends on how large your business is to be compatible with this device.