|Audience and Prerequisites |
Become Certified MongoDB Administrator
About The Course
MongoDB is basically the top rated document database in the NoSQL category and is widely popular with businesses operating in versatile domain owing to its prime features like scalability, availability and dynamic schema. This course is designed to provide complete knowledge to administer the MongoDB database in the real world scenario. Not only does the course offers the architecture knowledge but also provides hands on experience and skills required to handle production issues and projects independently.
Audience & Pre-Requisites
Basic understanding of any programming language like Java and database concepts is the pre-requisites for undergoing this training. Following are the audience who can opt for the MongoDB Administration training course-
- Database Professional
- Software Architect
- Project Manager
- Software Developer
- DBA or System Administrator
- Graduates interested in learning more about NoSQL databases
Why Take MongoDB Administration Training?
Being a matured and widely adopted NoSQL database product, MongoDB is all geared up to witness growing adoption. Many big companies globally are running MongoDB production deployments on large scale and this increasing potential of the newly emerging technology is creating humongous job opportunities for MongoDB administrators who can prove to be an invaluable resource for companies who can aid in identifying newer areas for innovation.
Objective Of The Course
- Understanding the roles played by a MongoDB administrator
- Understanding MongoDB Aggregation framework
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Learning backup and recovery options in MongoDB
- Understanding concept of shards, query router, key, etc.
- Getting greater insights of administrative activities in MongoDB
- Understanding health check, performance tuning, integration with Hadoop and data migration aspects of MongoDB
1. Introduction to MongoDB & NoSQL
- Understanding about RDBMS, their limitations, the concept of NoSQL and how NoSQL is the perfect solution for Big Data.
- Introduction to MongoDB and its advantages, installation of MongoDB, its basic commands and operations, data types of MongoDB, etc.
- Deep diving into NoSQL database, understanding OLTP, OLAP, ACID properties, JSON / BSON, MongoDB uses, data collection and documentation, etc.
2. MongoDB Security & Administration
- Introduction to database security risks, understanding the concept of MongoDB security and its security approach and MongoDB integration with Robomongo and Java.
- The concept of administration in MongoDB, monitoring of various issues related to database, understanding various monitoring tools along with administering server, database and collection level.
- Understanding the concepts of database profiling, memory usage, locks, etc.
- Introduction to backup and recovery methods, import and export of data from and to MongoDB, production notes / best practices, run time configuration, hands on tasks in administration.
3. Scalability & Availability
- Understanding the set up and configuration process of MongoDB high availability, load balancing and disaster recovery.
- Introduction to replication concepts, types of replication in MongoDB, setting up replicated cluster, etc.
- Introduction to sharding concepts, setting up sharding, types of sharding, managing shards, etc.
4. Indexing & Aggregation
- Introduction to index, its various concepts, types and properties of index, index creation, etc.
- Introduction to aggregation, types and approaches to aggregation and performance tuning.