|Audience and Prerequisites |
About The Course
The training is designed to enable students in becoming adept in SAP HANA fundamentals along with learning and deploying real time analytics. HANA is basically an on-premise application which is utilised for retrieving real time insights. This course will expose students with concepts like SAP HANA Studio, Modelling, security and storage, etc.
Audience & Pre-Requisites
There are no specific pre-requisites for undergoing the SAP HANA training course. However, basic understanding of SQL can help in understanding the concepts. This training specifically designed for SAP Development & BI professionals, Data Analytics professionals, Data Warehouse professionals, Database Architects and Project Managers.
1. Introduction To SAP HANA & Its Architecture
- Fundamentals of SAP HANA, points of difference between HANA and various other tools available, making use of the best of OLAP and OLTP in a single tool, understanding the concept of SAP BW, the extensive nature of SAP HANA and SAP in-memory strategy.
- SAP HANA architecture overview, the several components and concepts based upon which SAP HANA works, the basic terminologies, learning about the SAP Landscape Transformation, learning about ABAP based scenarios, working with multi-system support, start and stop replication, configuration and monitoring of dashboard, collaboration with SLT, SLT and HANA compatible matrix.
2. Transformations In SAP HANA & ABAP Based Scenarios
- Understanding the process of data transformation and data integration in SAP HANA, data cleansing and consolidation, transforming a field of source into target object format, the process of sending data from one BI object to the other, several types of transformation, history preservation transformation, merge transformation, slowly changing dimensions, row generator, table comparison, etc.
- Learning the ABAP language for the development of SAP R/3 platform, understanding the various non-application server scenarios based on ABAP.
3. Introduction To HANA Studio Modeller & HANA Searching Types
- Introduction to SAP HANA Studio, request processing and execution control, learning about Transaction and Metadata Manager, connection and session management, row and column data storage, backup and recovery, defining Star Schema, system generated schema, etc.
- Understanding the working of Studio Modeller, learning different terminologies and getting used to working with the Graphical User Interface in SAP HANA.
- Deep dive into SAP HANA modelling, types of information views like analytical, attribute and calculation view, view processing using various engines in SAP HANA and creating modelling views.
- Introduction to search in SAP HANA, the various type of available data search, searching for tables, views along with querying data using OData services and deployment of SQL queries.
4. SAP HANA Based Database Connectivity & SAP BO Analysis
- Clear understanding of SAP HANA database connectivity, detailed interface between SAP HANA and SAP BO, report creation, designing universe using HANA tables, crystal report in HANA database by making use of ODBC connection and report creation in dashboard on the basis of HANA universe.
- Learning what is SAP Business Objects analysis, multidimensional ad hoc analysis in Excel of OLAP sources and getting well versed with using SAP HANA Explorer.
5. Model Validation Rules And Backup & Recovery
- Management and processing of models, understanding referencing to Model, model validation rules, deployment of auto documentation and understanding about delivery units.
- Learning how HANA backup and recovery processes, understanding concepts of Disaster Tolerance, High Availability, Persistent Layer and method of performing data backup and facilitating recovery in addition to the concept of sizing.
6. Storage Techniques, User Management & Security
- Introduction to HANA Appliance and Appliance Model, the several ways of data storage in HANA, column-based and row-based storage and deployment options in HANA.
- Management of the SAP HANA platform, understanding concepts of user provisioning, SAP HANA sizing for working in various scenarios, features of security management and authorization and understanding what is multi-tenant database containers.
- The several types of privileges in SAP HANA – system, analytic, object and package, understanding different entities and relationships, learning about SQL analytic and class analytic privileges, management of connection attempts and creating procedure using NoSQL methods.
7. Calculation Views & Calculated Attributes
- Introduction to the concept of calculation view, powerful and flexible information view, deployment of complex calculations on tables and creating calculation view by making use of graphical and SQL scripting.
- Learning what are attributes, how to create attribute views, derived attributes, calculated attributes and understanding levelled hierarchy, restricted and calculated measure.
8. Data Provisioning, ABAP Data Flow & Dashboard Configuring & Monitoring
- Learning the concept of data provisioning, creating design and allowing a network to provide data to users, provisioning of data using flat files, loading data to SAP HANA before it gets loaded to front-end, SAP BO Data Services, ETL transformation and configuring database and data services platform.
- Introduction to ABAP data flow for working with massive volumes of records, generation of ABAP program files, deployment of SAP Landscape Transformation, etc.
9. Project Work